Have you ever wondered who counts your absences and tardies? We recently interviewed Davina Fernandez, Davina works in the front office and we asked her some questions so we can get a feel of what goes on in the front office. 

What do you like about your job?

I like when parents will report their student’s absences and can communicate with us, I also love being in an office setting, something else I enjoy about my job is that I get time off when my kids are off from school.  

What’s your job?

My job is as an attendance clerk. I report absences for when students are sick, go on field trips, out for medical reasons, when they leave early, and when students are late. I also make sure attendance records are up to date and organized.

If you weren’t working here where would you see yourself?

If I wasn’t working here I would want to live my life and travel. I enjoy going camping at state parks as well as national parks. 

Where are some daily activities you do while you’re in the office?

I Answer phones, help students, parents, teachers and make sure all attendance is counted for. 

How do you feel about your position in the office?

I feel good about it. My coworkers make it fun for me. I’ve learned to make the best of every day. 

There’s no one like Davina – Mr. Plant